- Enrich the BYU graduate student culture by providing events that promote intellectual growth, professional development, spirituality, and social interaction.
- Enhance the BYU graduate student experience by providing a campus-wide voice for graduate student needs and concerns.
- Encourage scholarly and creative contribution by promoting innovative research and field-preparation opportunities.
Achieving Our Mission
GSS achieves its mission by:
- Enriching the graduate student culture with a wide range of academic and social events. Some of the GSS’s most well-attended events include the graduate fall barbeque, the fall and winter workshops, the Faith & Scholarship Symposium, and the Women Faculty & Student Forum, and the Closing Social.
- Enhancing BYU graduate student campus-wide voice through the GSS Council that represent the needs and interest of graduate student to the university administration, and helps orchestrate enriching graduate student events. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved and begin making a difference in the BYU graduate student experience!
- Encouraging the presentation of scholarly and creative work through the Research Presentation Awards (RPAs). The RPAs assist graduate students to travel to important conferences within their discipline in order to present their work. RPAs are awarded two times each year (Fall and Winter semesters). Nearly one-third of all applicants receive an RPA.